The BEST Way for Providers to Connect with Activity Planners!
We offer proven ways to successfully reach group planners!
Park & Recs
– Scouts (B/G)
– Boys/Girls Clubs
– Lutheran Social Svc
SCHOOLS & EDUCATION
– Social Clubs
– Hobby Clubs
Park & Recs
– Booster Clubs
Scroll down for the marketing tools we use.
MN FIELD TRIP LIBRARY
200,000 views by educators, activity coordinators & group leaders.
66,000 views in 2021 by event planners & tour planners.
EMAIL / SOCIAL MEDIA
170,000+ group planners & independent consumers in 7 specialty group & consumer markets will receive our monthly emails & SM posts 2,500,000 times in 2021.
Each email announcement is individually posted on our websites & to social media (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter).
Educators, group leaders & consumers will read our specialty guide featuring our Library Partners 85,000 times in 2021-2022.
Produced annually in print and digital versions.
The ANNUAL MN FIELD TRIP EXPO
Every year in August the EXPO gives Partners the opportunity to engage with planners in-person. Many bookings happen at this time.
The SUMMER RESOURCE FAIR
Held in January, this annual event provides Partners the chance to present their summer programs and camps to planners & decision-makers.
TARGETED ADVERTISING THAT BUILDS GROUP BUSINESS!
Thousands of MN teachers and group leaders repeatedly use the MN Field Trip Library when they are planning activities or looking for future ideas. Since beginning in 2010, we have become group planner’s first choice for finding providers offering MN field trips, assemblies, camps, entertainers, speakers, fundraising, tours & more!
We’ve been working with providers & destinations (like you) to generate bookings and build relationships with planners for 11+ years! Most of our Partners have been with us since our start.
NOTE: The MN Field Trip Library is not a talent or booking agency. Our Partners work with Group Planners directly – there’s no middleman.
Our Partner Program engages planners using our website, email, social media, print, digital and in-person group sales. You will establish new business relationships with educators, group leaders, tour operators & event planners!
Because the MN Field Trip Library website is already reaching more than 200,000 annual planner visits, we invite you to build your group business by taking advantage of our group marketing services.
1 - WHO ARE THE GROUP PLANNERS?
We know groups.
We’ve identified the markets where groups of all ages and types are found! We know who plans, prepares and books these groups. And when.
These include Educators, Group Leaders, Activity Coordinators, Tour Planners and Event Planners representing schools, youth organizations, park & rec depts, community eds, afterschools, retirement groups, tour operators & group travel clubs and corporate/event planners. We have about 85,000 planners in our proprietary database who receive our email Alerts each month.
Over the past 10 years we have invested significantly in building our database of educators and group planners for the benefit of our Partners. As a result we are on track in 2021 to have up to 3,000,000 total planner engagements (pageviews, downloads, reads, opens, clicks & posts). These planners & group leaders represent thousands in student groups, youth and adult groups, clubs, companies, families & organizations throughout MN (plus many in WI, ND, SD, NE, IA – and even into Canada).
The MN group buyers we reach are from 7 unique group & consumer markets:
- Youth Recreation – FIELD TRIPS, ASSEMBLIES, RECREATION & ENTERTAINMENT.
For planners in park & recreation departments, childcare, community eds, schools, childcare, school age care & non-profit organizations (scouts, boys/girls clubs, 4-H, churches, etc).
This section includes group planners with a growing number of independent consumers among families & friends.
- Education – K-12 EDUCATIONAL & LEARNING EXPERIENCES
Professional K-12 educators, homeschoolers and distance learning leaders who plan standards-supporting class & school field trips, assemblies & online learning experiences. Includes preschools, schools, afterschool programs, community eds, childcare & classes (public, private, charter and homeschool groups).
- LetsDoMN Event Planners – EVENTS, CELEBRATIONS & TEAM-BUILDING ACTIVITIES FOR CORPORATE PLANNERS, NON-PROFIT EVENT PLANNERS, EMPLOYEE CLUBS, TOURING & SOCIAL GROUPS
Serving event, travel & activity planners always on the lookout for providers of outdoor/indoor recreation, entertainment, reunion & leisure activities.
- Active Adults & Seniors – LEISURE TRAVEL, LEARNING & RECREATION & ENTERTAINMENT
For active adult group leaders and program directors in retirement communities, churches, social & alumni groups, senior centers, community eds, park & rec departments.
- Leisure Group Travel – ACTIVE ADULT & STUDENT LEISURE GROUP TRAVEL, ENTERTAINMENT THROUGHOUT MN
Leisure bus tours, corporate groups & family groups. Including professional tour operators, bank & travel clubs, schools (older students) and industry organizations in MN, regionally & nationwide.
- Fundraising – UNIQUE REVENUE GENERATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENT, YOUTH & NON-PROFIT GROUPS.
These are decision-makers & influencers for schools, PTAs, community athletics, booster clubs, churches, youth groups & non-profits.
- Have Fun Biking – MN BIKING & HIKING TRAIL MAPS & BIKING TIPS FOR CONSUMERS & STUDENT/YOUTH/ADULT GROUPS.
Reach 10 years worth of planners.
We are already reaching thousands of group planners & consumers who come to the MN Field Trip Library for learning experiences & active adventures… the buyers you want to reach!
2 - WHAT PROVIDERS SAY ABOUT US
Our Partners range from one-person providers (educators, teachers and educational presenters) with standards-supporting programs to performers, entertainers, attractions and destinations offering shows, events, tours and field trips all over the state of MN.
WHAT OUR PARTNERS ARE SAYING…
• HISTORICAL EXPERIENCES • ARN KIND
“To anyone who wants to get the biggest bang out of their advertising buck, I whole-heartedly and highly recommend investing your advertising dollars in the MINNESOTA FIELD TRIP AND ACTIVITIES LIBRARY. You will find no one who works harder and spends more time getting the word out to countless potential customers about you and what you have to offer. I get to attend two or more conventions a year to exhibit my business and I also am able to advertise on-line through the library’s monthly posts. What’s more, I actually advertise at many other conventions throughout the year without actually attending. How is this possible? Mark, the president of MFTL attends many conventions around the state and distributes to attendees, his GUIDEBOOK, in which there is a page devoted to my business. Not only that, the GUIDEBOOK is mailed out to countless potential customers who are looking for the kind of programming that I offer. So if you are looking for the most economical and easiest way to get the word out about your business to as many people as possible with the least amount of effort, MINNESOTA FIELD TRIP & ACTIVITY LIBRARY is the way to go. Try it. You’ll like it.”
• SNAPOLOGY OF MINNEAPOLIS • Aaron Hagebak
“Working with the MN Field Trip Library has delivered the highest ROI of any marketing Snapology runs, and has opened a ton of doors in the enrichment and field trip world in the Twin Cities. It’s been a great partnership and we highly recommend Mark and his team!”
• AMERICA’S FUN SCIENCE • Dr Tyronne Carter
“America’s Fun Science loves MN Field Trip Library! As our main source of marketing, we have found it to be a very effective marketing tool for us over the past two years. You get a lot of bang for your buck!”
• SKYROCK FARMS • Bill & Stacy Nunn
“The MFTL has been an incredibly valuable resource for our business. We have more traffic on our website and our bookings have increased significantly since partnering with MFTL. They are great group of people who are there to help.”
• NATIONAL EAGLE CENTER • Ed Hahn
“The MN Field Trip Library is great avenue for us to connect with a variety of different audiences. We can reach educators, scout leaders, seniors, tour operators and even other Partners through their easy-to-use Partner Program!”
• CRAYOLA EXPERIENCE AT MALL OF AMERICA • Peter Wright
“The MN Field Trip Library has been extremely invaluable to Crayola Experience. The services and support that have been provided by Mark and his team has been beyond the scope we had ever wished for.”
• NATIVE AMERICAN CULTURE CAMP • Bud & Rona Johnston
“The MN Field Trip Library is doing a great job for KEEPERS OF THE SACRED TRADITION OF PIPEMAKERS. The exposure we have been getting through the library gets us groups coming to Pipestone, and a lot more invitations to come and do talks all over the state about our tribal history!”
• BRIAN RICHARDS, EDUCATIONAL PRESENTER & MAGICIAN
“When it comes to support and fresh marketing perspectives it’s hard to beat the Minnesota Field Trip Library! As a magician who works with schools, youth groups and adult groups, I have found Mark and his staff to be very approachable professionals with one goal: to meet and exceed your expectations!
If you want to reach schools, activity coordinators, event planners and group planners, join us!
3 - WHAT PLANNERS SAY ABOUT US
HERE’S WHAT PLANNERS & ATTENDEES SAY ABOUT THE LIBRARY…
“Yes, it is amazing! Lots of resources and very organized!”
J. Schaaf, District Curriculum Coordinator, New Horizon, Blaine
“Exhibitors came with programs and creative ideas that helped so much! They are so willing to work with us, and to customize to meet our needs.”
P. Tuma, New Brighton Parks & Recreation Dept, New Brighton
“What an awesome way to see the many different opportunities for field trips in Minnesota! There were way more possibilities than I could even imagine! They also provided workshops on how to find and write grants to help cover costs of the field trips! It was a great time to connect with other colleagues in the state and to see the wide variety of field trips out there!”
L. Schoneman, Teacher, Albert Lea Area Schools
“I found useful information not only for the school I was working at, but for the youth group at our church.”
B. Hanssen, Substitute Teacher, Albert Lea School District
“Great experience!!! Check it out!! Lots of great educational ideas!! Lots of freebies!! What teacher doesn’t love that!!!”
T. Mikkelson, High School Math Teacher, Red Wing Schools
“An amazing event! The exhibitors are all about providing superior experiences for our kids. The day is unprecedented with the variety, action, and exposure to opportunities. Do NOT miss!”
M. Hauck, Elementary Teacher, Pine Harbor Christian Academy, Hastings
“I had been setting up field trips for our students for years and spent a lot of time looking for places to tour or bring in speakers to our programs. In one day, I had field trip ideas, phone numbers and contacts to call. Saved so much valuable time.”
V. Lambrecht, Work Based Learning Coordinator, SW Metro, Shakopee
“I’m ALWAYS looking for tour ideas, and I LOVE what you do!”
L. Stolte, Group Leader, Happy Wanderers, Cottage Grove
“It’s awesome to get a big jump start on my school year field trips. I bring my calendar and book things right there on the spot. There is always something new to book that I know the kids will LOVE!”
K Kroll, Minnetonka Explorers Club.
4 - PARTNER PROGRAMS
OUR PARTNER PROGRAM HAS 4 MAIN MARKETING COMPONENTS.
• WEBSITES – 200,000+ pageviews by group planners
- MNFieldTripLibrary.org – an established, popular resource for MN field trips, activities and tours in education, recreation & leisure travel in MN – 200,000 pageviews
- LetsDoMN.com – a resource for healthy MN adventures for consumers & groups – 60,000 pageviews
• EMAIL MARKETING – 16% opens & 14% clicks
Pro-actively reach out to decision-makers…
We offer 7 unique co-op emails that are each sent every month to thousands of planners [subscribers] in our proprietary email lists (see above – each Alert has it’s own list)! You can pick and choose your target markets every month – depending on the time of year and buying/booking patterns of the consumers or group planners! Best of all… you control your message content for each market!
We send each of your Alert announcements to the planner group you want to reach – up to 3 times a month for 12 months! In 2021 we will send more than 2,000,000+ emails averaging 16% opens & 14% clicks.
Your email announcement doesn’t stop there!
SOCIAL MEDIA OUTREACH (FB, INSTAGRAM & TWITTER) comes with EACH email announcement.
After your announcement is emailed each month we post it on our website’s homepage & blog, and then post it to 3 social media platforms!
• FIELD TRIP GUIDE – 85,000 downloads & reads
- The MN FIELD TRIP GUIDE is a print and digital publication for educators and group leaders (both youth & adult) published once a year. Use it to promote your educational & recreational field trips, on-site assemblies, camps and fundraising for school and youth groups. Brought to group planning meetings for schools, city park & recs, afterschool, youth/adult activities.
• EVENTS – 2 in-person events each year
- Annual EXPO – This event is usually held the 2nd week every August – planners & group leaders for groups of all ages and types attend free. Partners get an exhibit table & the attendee list. Over the past 10 years a total of more than 4,000 planners have attended.
- Annual SUMMER RESOURCE FAIR – This event is usually held the 2nd week every January – planners & group leaders looking for summer activities & camps attend free, and Partners get an exhibit table & the attendee list. Over the past 5 years a total of more than 1,000 planners have attended.
– MFTL: MN Field Trip & Activity Library
– LDM: LetsDoMN
– VPL: Virtual Program Library
– EXPO: MN Field Trip & Activity EXPO
– SRF: Summer Resource Fair
– Contact Mark Peterson at 612-518-8353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 - GETTING STARTED AS A PARTNER
WANT TO GET STARTED AS A PARTNER? HERE’S WHAT TO DO NOW…
1. Look over the Partner Programs and Pick the One that Fits Your Business.
Questions? Give us a call. We can also customize a program just for you, too!
You have 2 ways to pay:
1. Monthly invoicing using continuing credit card autopayments
2. Full payment made at the beginning of your annual program.
Jo Ann Huebsch • 763-402-0849 • Joann@MNFieldTripLibrary.org
Mark Peterson • 612-518-8353 • Mark@MNFieldTripLibrary.org
2. Contact us to confirm that you want to be a Partner.
After letting us know, scroll down and complete the following items. We take your partnership very seriously and always love to help. The sooner you get these items done, the sooner you’ll have all of us at the MN Field Trip Library working for YOU!
HELPFUL HINT: You’ll find the links and forms you need in the BACK OFFICE…
The BACK OFFICE is located at the bottom of every webpage (including this page) on MNFieldTripLibrary.org and LetsDoMN.com.
3. COMPLETE THESE 2 ONLINE FORMS
We’ll use the information and graphics you provide to get you set up on our website.
- 1. Partner Form #1 – use this form to provide us your information (copy) for website.
- 2. Images & Updates Form #2 – from now on please use this form to upload your new photos, ads, logos.
4. Review the 2022 Alerts Schedule to participate in our email marketing. Then begin submitting your Alert announcements using the convenient ALERT SUBMISSION FORM.
Refer to Partner Program webpage or to the your invoice to tell you how many announcements you can submit each month. Partners submit their announcements in a variety of ways… from one (or more) each month to doing them on a quarterly basis.
6. Check the Due Dates & Ad Specs for your GUIDE AD, and get your ad(s) ready.
Refer to your invoice to tell you which Guide(s) you’re in, and the ad size you’re going to do for each?
Need to review ABOUT THE GUIDES? The link is always in the BACK OFFICE at the bottom of every webpage.
- AD SPECS & DATES
- To UPLOAD your ad(s) to us
7. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF 3 EXTRA PROMOTIONS ON THE WEBSITE:
Do you offer online programs? Get listed in the VIRTUAL PROGRAMS LIBRARY!
Do you offer summer camps? Get listed on the CAMPS & WORKSHOPS webpage !
Do you offer fundraising? Get listed on the FUNDRAISING webpage !
8. WATCH FOR NEWS ABOUT OUR EXPOS.
Then get registered for your exhibit space. You also will get an attendee list after the event.
For your advertising or billing questions, contact:
Jo Ann Huebsch • 763-402-0849 • Joann@MNFieldTripLibrary.org
Mark Peterson • 612-518-8353 • Mark@MNFieldTripLibrary.org